View Single Post
Old 07-27-2021, 09:11 PM

Overrated - 1975: Not fond of colored borders generally and the fact there is no standard pattern for each team made organizing your collection by team (as many of us did as kids) frustrating. Honorable Mention: 1962.

Underrated - Tie...1974 and 1976: Each has a nice, colorful design pattern and features good photos and nice action shots. Honorable mention: 1980.

Favorite - 1978: My first set; Love the cursive team names, the action photos and the overall appearance. Honorable mention (tie): 1967, 1972

Least Favorite - 1971: I'm gonna say it - I think the black borders suck. Some consider it a classic, others a nightmare, and I think where you fall on that spectrum is directly related to how much money you have to spend trying to assemble a nice looking set. A couple years ago I updated my set, replacing about 150 cards that were rough around the edges - literally - and finding versions with nice looking borders was both tough and costly. Dishonorable mention: 1968; what were they thinking?