View Single Post
Old 04-13-2015, 12:41 PM
Trey

Default OT - MLB Franchise Four - 2015 All Star Game

Wanted to make sure everyone is aware of the MLB's "Franchise Four" campaign, which allows fans to vote on the four players that best represent a franchise. The top four vote winners for each team will be revealed during the pre-game ceremonies as the "Franchise Four" for each team. There are also categories where you can vote for the top 4 living players, the top 4 negro leaguers, and the top four baseball pioneers.

Maybe I'm just being pessimistic, but I can see a lot of tragic pre-war and 50's-70's snubs taking place. That's why we need to vote! Here's a link: http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/events/all_st...chise_four.jsp

I also thought it would be fun to see who everyone voted for as their favorite team's Franchise Four.

I'm a huge Braves fan; my franchise four are as follows:

Hank Aaron
Chipper Jones
Warren Spahn
Greg Maddux

I didn't have a hard time leaving Eddie Mathews off, Chipper had More RBI, higher OPS, BA over 30 points higher, With basically identical fielding percentages. A little tougher to keep Glavine and Smoltz off, but Spahn and Maddux were just more dominant. Hard to ignore their ridiculously high win totals and amazingly low career WHIPs. Hank was a no brainer, obviously.