View Single Post
Old 03-19-2023, 09:03 AM
Marc

Fballguy and I were talking the other day about how cameras on iphones (and probably other phones as well) are making it difficult to tell when pennants are stained or faded. If I really want my pennants to look bright, I can take a photo inside my house, in the later afternoon, with the lights off and the iphone magically makes the pennant look bright and great.

But it has been an issue for buying pennants, especially white pennants. Both of the pennants below are harder to find than you might think, especially in decent shapte. Both looked white in auction photos. Both were yellowish when they arrived. Luckily Oxyclean works very well on these. I have them pictured next to a pennant that I accidentally left in oxyclean overnight. That pennant did get very white, and the black graphics were unharmed, but the orange was damaged. So, I was not able to get these new ones "overnight white", but they do look much better now. I don't think that sellers were intentionally trying to make these look spectacular when they sold (neither was expensive at all). The phones just automatically make them look better in many situations.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg oxy 1.jpg (196.6 KB, 169 views)
File Type: jpg oxy 2.jpg (194.1 KB, 167 views)
File Type: jpg oxy 3.jpg (201.1 KB, 173 views)

Last edited by bocca001; 03-19-2023 at 09:05 AM.