View Single Post
Old 07-12-2022, 02:13 PM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deertick View Post
I have opened packs with chips. I have also opened packs with 4 inserts in a skinny pack. Haven't got a relic, although I have opened thick packs with no dummy? Seems randomized to some extent.

Everyone has always searched retail somewhat. If you picked up a 74 cello with Jon Matlack on top and there was a Nolan Ryan the next row under, what are you gonna say, "Well, the next guy got lucky"?
I think you really can't count cello packs, we all know that the last in the box always had Joe Shlabotnik on the front. Wax searching was a bit more suspect, especially when it was done by a shop owner prior to putting the box out.

It was completely tasteless and 99.9% Fleer's fault that it was impossible to pull a Jordan as the dealers could open the box and pull them with no effort in most situations due to some of the worst collation in history. Which is also why buying sealed 86' Fleer single packs is nuts.

I still have a large group of scalded wax wrappers from my childhood LCS from good ol' Elliot using an iron to reseal them. Classy dude.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.