View Single Post
Old 01-09-2007, 11:26 AM
Administrator

Default Board With The Truth

Posted By: scott brockelman

I believe you read a little too much into my post. I was not trying to putdown the buyers of high grade cards, I was suggesting that they learn more about what they are buying in the slabs to protect themselves. You may not know but I have quite a few slabs and sets on the Registry as well, so I believe I am well versed to speak on both sides of the issue. I do agree it is much harder to find raw cards to get slabbed than 2 years ago or 5 or 10 years ago. So if that is the case lets choose the next best option, learn what to look for in the slab, what are the signs of tampering, trimming, etc. AND deal with reputable people, that seems to be the focus of at least 2 other threads of late.

Until proven different by solid evidence I still believe the number of collectors of high grade PSA 8's, 9's and 10's is miniscule compared to the number of raw collectors thru nrmt(raw or graded). In terms of dollars I would imagine that the 2 factions may be close, but again there is strength in numbers and if there are 98 low to mid grade collectors for every 2 high grade collectors I think the volume of the 98 will be greater than the other 2, trust me I know several collectors that spend huge amounts of money on cards and are not seeking 8's.

Scott