View Single Post
Old 05-30-2021, 06:14 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCMcKenzie View Post
Burdick did a great job, and later Lipset and Lemke. Pat is pointing to evidence that I don't think was known to Burdick. Perhaps, it was. By arbitrary, I mean casually, he left off T215-1 and T213-1, and sorted them with the blue-captioned ones.

On the Journals, did I read correctly that the T36 Auto Drivers set was only distributed in packs for a single day? There are far more examples to be found of T36 than T213-1.
I don't believe this is correct (or fully correct). There are some oddities in the ledger book, and some pages that indicate multiple print runs/issue runs for the same set. For example, T53 is stated in one of the Posey letters in it to have starting packing and delivery on March 29, 1911. The very next letter in the book says this single-series single-brand issue started packing and delivery on May 23, 1911.

T218's 3rd series is stated to have been issued in February, 1911 on one page in the ledger itself, and one of the Posey letters states May 25th.

Many of the pages are also missing, they are numbered to at least 380. Including the Posey letters not counted in the page count, there are 65 pages still together plus the remnants of the T206 pages someone ripped out of the collection to sell at some point, removing a lot of context.

I suspect T36 is one of the issues that had multiple issue (and print?) runs, and so was not issued for only March 27 and 28, 1911.