View Single Post
Old 08-27-2022, 05:16 PM

I'm not really worthy of saying much about the great Len Dawson. I just remember as a 13-year-old boy watching this new big game called the Super Bowl on TV. I honestly don't remember too much, but I do recall the wonderful announcing of Curt Gowdy. His voice was super. I remember wanting the Chiefs to beat the Packers, since I had wanted the Cowboys to win the NFL championship, since the Colts lost. Most of all, I was impressed with how Len Dawson handled the Chiefs' offense. I had never seen a huddle like the Chiefs used. I thought it was cool. The Chiefs lost with dignity; they were not creamed. They would live to fight, and win, another day.

Ever since Super Bowl I, I always recognized Len Dawson's name and photo, and he connotated in my mind a player who was excellent; a fighter who never gave up. I never knew his nickname of "COOL", but again, with what little I know, I can sure understand why. Ever since that first Super Bowl, whenever I got Len Dawson's card, it was a joy and put a smile on my face.

May God bless and carry Len Dawson's family and his many fans at this brutal time, and keep his legacy positive and strong. --- Brian Powell