View Single Post
Old 07-17-2014, 08:38 AM
pete ullman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniffy5 View Post
I think the values will come back down for the average 1914 card, and even the tougher ones. There are a few collectors vying for the cards right now b/c they are going for the set. They are bidding up the cards, or buying them at high BIN's. But when they get the cards they need, interest will wane and thus the values. I realize that this all sounds simple and obvious, but that's because it is.

A week or two ago a Psa 6 Donie Bush was on eBay. That is the highest graded Bush card, and it's also a really really tough 1914. One of the toughest, in fact. It went for $2300 or so. How can a "run of the mill" 1914 non-tough low number card, in Sgc 10 condition get $500, and one of the toughest 1914 in highest graded condition come in relatively inexpensive? It's because few are in the market for Psa 6 1914's. Very few, in fact...
+1

a few collectors going after them will drive up prices in the short term...it happens all the time. i believe there are a lot of CJ's out there...even 14's...and over time prices will return to more normal levels.

Last edited by ullmandds; 07-17-2014 at 08:55 AM.