View Single Post
Old 05-21-2010, 09:32 AM
Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob D. View Post
"If you popped this out and resubmitted it, the only way it gets to be an SGC 60 would be if this wrinkle didn't exist."

No, and you're making a big assumption here. It also could get to be an SGC 60 if the person grading that day missed the wrinkle. Which does happen, at all grading companies, and is also what causes a lot of frustration among collectors.
While I have seen plenty of frustrating PSA 5s arrive in my mailbox with spider wrinkles, that doesn't happen to me on SGC 60s. Is it possible? Sure. But never happened to me. Moreover, since I tolerate corner wear on my SGC 60s, a lot of PSA 4s will cross to SGC 60 and that is fine by me. I will pay more for them, once SGC has certified they are wrinkle-free.

When I was putting together my SGC T206 set a few years ago, I developed a theory that the only PSA 5s on ebay were the ones that SGC wouldn't cross over to 60s because of the spider wrinkles. Frankly, what do you think all the SGC collectors do when they get their crossover submissions back from SGC with 1/4 or more of the cards failing as a result of minimum grade requirements? They get dumped on ebay.

www.instagram.com/signedT206/
@SignedT206

Last edited by T206Collector; 05-21-2010 at 09:33 AM.