View Single Post
Old 05-21-2010, 06:53 AM
Frank Wakefield

Amen to curtailing the profanity. The Ichiro link should be removed, funny to me though it is; and the other posts edited to be cleaned up a bit.

"These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. "

That's what it says up there... devoted to cards, not slabs. I thought the slab companies had boards for the slab stuff. So I agree with the idea of fewer posts about registries, cross-overs, and particular grading issues. I can see how once in a while a thread about such would be justified. For me, I'd rather see Leon's quarter than see another post about graded cards. I've had some cards graded so they'd sell better, when I'm selling I'm after money... I've cracked out most of the graded cards I've bought, I hate the slabs, they take up lots of storage space. I have a few graded cards I've not cracked out, my favorite is one I've left because the card is mis-identified. Not that that is a rarity among graded cards, but I just like seeing how SGC got it wrong and any collector with part of a brain can see that they did. Joe P is smiling