View Single Post
Old 10-03-2021, 12:37 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
rats60, the Dodgers' starting staff is a bit shot. Kershaw is out. Urias pitched last night. Buehler may or may not start today. If he does and the Dodgers win and the Giants lose, that leaves Scherzer for the tiebreaker, and he stunk it up in his last two outings. I just don't like the chances in that road game. If I were managing the Dodgers (and I have no idea why they never promoted me from souvenir stand salesman to manager in 1985), I would make today a bullpen game. Still try to win, of course. But if Scherzer has to start the tiebreaker, that would leave Buehler ready for the Wild-Card. Obviously it's better to win the division as you said, but I'm pessimistic about that happening.
How quickly things change in baseball. A week ago we would have said the Dodger starting rotation was invincible -- imagine, a 20 game winner as arguably only your fourth best pitcher behind two first ballot HOFers and a youngster on his way to superstardom.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 10-03-2021 at 12:39 PM.