View Single Post
Old 09-11-2021, 01:17 PM
James M

I think my focus when thinking about collecting something like this is to collect something larger than a standard card. As I mentioned, the W600s are beautiful and visually stunning, so that is what drew me into this realm, and I know those are large and extremely expensive, so my aim was really to find something similar, but a few price brackets down.

I really love the look of the M101-2s. From poking around ebay completed sales, it looks like I can find lower ungraded copies for some of them at $100 or less, which is definitely the price range I was focusing on.

One sort of self imposed prerequisite, beyond cost, is that the items I focus on not be incredibly rare/never pop up. I'm already collecting one set where supply of certain cards is extremely limited, so I'm not looking to ramp up the degree of difficulty.

I like the availability of the W462 set, and the cost, but I want to focus on mainly pre-war players at this point. I may expand that and look to grab post-war hall of famers too, but I'm sort of looking for a good entry point and there are TONS of options, so its a tad overwhelming.