View Single Post
Old 04-17-2016, 03:00 AM
Jason A. Schwartz

Man, I'm just trying to admire the OP's incredible Kobe collection...fantastic stuff!

I was lucky enough to make it to Kobe's Chicago farewell. Had a blast. No doubt he's not the same player he was in his prime, but who is?? Look how bad Peyton Manning sucked this past season, including the Super Bowl...Father Time still undefeated.

And regarding the rape allegations, Manning is also a good comparison. His incident with the trainer at Tennessee definitely taints (no pun intended) his legacy. Of course, Manning superfans will note he was never convicted, that it wasn't actual sex, that it was just a prank, that the accuser had issues, etc.

Going back to the Mamba, he and Duncan are the two greatest of their era. Kobe's last game was epic...I wasn't seeing any lack of D from the Jazz. What I did see was the Lakers wanting Kobe to take a ton of shots, which obviously helped him rack up his points. Still, show me even 10 other players in the league today who could get to 60 in those same circumstances and one EVER who could do it at 37 years old.

There is a reason nearly every young NBA star idolized Kobe growing up. There is only one Mamba, absolutely one of the greatest players ever.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Collecting interests and want lists at https://jasoncards.wordpress.com/201...nd-want-lists/