View Single Post
Old 08-02-2015, 03:19 AM

Default Peter...

I was thinking the same thing when I was typing it...........I think you are one of the best posters here......you are on top of every thread and I look forward to your responses.....great stuff

Brian.....I'M STILL BLOWN AWAY

even if half are scrap, it's an AMAZING collection.......simply OUTSTANDING!WOW!...\

thanks for the kind words about my "circus"......id love for you to see it in person a/c 2016.....

id love to see your collection in person..........we have the exact same taste! I was doing the same and collecting anything "odd" looking on a T206.....I have narrowed my focus to mainly "206 printer scrap" and rare backs within the last few years and have traded many of my smaller errors into scrap/rare backs...

the multi strikes were created by the printer by "running" scrap sheets through the press multiple times to set up the presses..ink distribution, cutting alignment, color, registration, ect....this created the many "multi" strikes on these scraps creating the COOLEST IMAGES..some sheets were used to set up various other issues which links the printing to other issues(those are some of my favorite)..the printers, over a century ago, in advertently created "mini" works of art on "set up sheets" and they didn't even know it.....now we search for "essentially garbage test sheets of a century ago" which has been converted to " card board gold"

great stuff brian! do not stop your focus!

THE OLDRING IS CREEPY! I love it!

not sure what happened to that one