View Single Post
Old 09-10-2022, 04:24 PM
J@mes In.gram

I can't say how stupid I think all these changes are, because you guys will tell me how it's me that's stupid. Know this: all of it comes down, in the end, as with everything else, to $$$. There is no way the $$$ for players salaries is ever coming back down to rational levels. I personally believe that is why 20-somethings are bored with baseball...why games last 3.5 hours as opposed to 2 to 2.5. Thank God I have so many radio and TV broadcasts, from the days of flannel uniforms, no commercials, or very few, and most of them right from the press box. No crawlers, or insane commentary. Right or wrong, the umpire is the last word. No designated hitters. No no-pitch intentional walks. No starting the 10th inning with a man on second. None of that. No stepping out of the batter's box after every pitch. Not even any batting helmets. None of it. You can have what is called baseball today, if it's your cup of tea. I will live very comfortably in the past, thank you very much.

Successful net54 purchases from/trades with:
Tere1071, Bocabirdman, 8thEastVB, GoldenAge50s, IronHorse2130, Kris19, G1911, dacubfan, sflayank, Smanzari, bocca001, eliminator, ejstel, lampertb, rjackson44, Jason19th, Cmvorce, CobbSpikedMe, Harliduck, donmuth, HercDriver, Huck, theshleps

Completed 1962 Topps
Completed 1969 Topps deckle edge
Completed 1953 Bowman color & b/w
*** Raw cards only, daddyo! ***