View Single Post
Old 04-04-2019, 03:18 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
Paypal isn't going anywhere. They are accepted on millions of websites. I think this has more to do with people trying to circumvent fees, which has always been an issue.

Let's say you buy a card from me and pay via paypal, then one of us contacts the other (either direction, doesn't matter) to offer or ask for a better price if we do it off-site, or as F & F. I refund your payment and we re-conclude the sale, screwing paypal out of their fees.
The circumventing fees nonsense is getting old from all corners of the Ebay and Paypal world. It's a tiny blip on their radar perpetrated by a very tiny group of people, that is used as an excuse to screw everybody else over.

They are and will always be doing just fine. It's a software transaction that doesn't cost them any resources to carry out and should be folded under the customer service umbrella.

Just another pound of flesh where the cost of doing business gets lifted off of their shoulders and on to all of the small sellers that made them rich to begin with.

It's a ridiculous policy, just on principle alone.

I particularly like the line where they say "there are no fees when you make the refund...........but, we're not giving you your money back".

That's LOL'able. How long until they "charge" us to refund somebody?