View Single Post
Old 10-14-2020, 02:26 PM
Brian

What percentage of Collector's Universe is PSA ?

I thought that the PSA brand/business (cards and especially sports card grading and authentication) was one of the things that comprises CC's businesses. My recollection was that PSA was a "cash cow" for CC over the past 5-10 years *... I don't remember much else.

Also, as with any stock rising over the past several years, another germane question may be how much is being bought back by the company?

There are some real finance-types who frequent this board who could tell us just how much of this rise in CC's price can be attributed to PSA's recent success during the past several (COVID-19) months. My best guess is that there is some relationship but again its not my area of expertise .....
---------
* I think PSA's profitability was one of the reasons that its leader Joe Orlando was promoted to leadership of all of CC .... You can agree or disagree with how he ran/runs the company as a collector/card investor but my understanding has been that it was a success by the common measurements applied to American CEOs over the past 30+ yrs..... Again someone with an expertise in business/finance could speak to this with greater aptitude than me....