View Single Post
Old 06-03-2023, 12:41 PM
M@rk S@tterstr0m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie73 View Post
The internet. With the internet, you had the ability to research any set, without asking anyone any questions. If you searched and read enough, you would find just about everything you needed to know. I'm living proof. In 2008, I knew just about nothing about the T206 set. Online research, along with afterwards using my own theroy's of print groups and sheet layout's, turned me into one of the go to experts. I'm not as involved as I used to be, but the internet changed my collecting habits. It also made searching and purchasing just about any card, a reality. You just needed the money.
I agree, the internet. I remember in the old days, buying cards and being excited to find out what they looked like. For instance, I remember getting a package of 1963-1966 Twins from George Husby and seeing many of them for the first time. The 1963 Zoilo and Bernie Allen cards were great, but the 1965 Mudcat Grant and Mel Nelson were disappointments.

Now that fun is gone, as I can easily find out what any card known to exist looks like, because of the internet.