View Single Post
Old 11-15-2022, 07:07 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdaddy View Post
Honestly, are you surprised? I wish someone would try the following exercise - submit the same card 10 or 15 or even 20 times to the same TPG. Then show the distribution of the grades, because they won't come back with the same number every time. Same card, same TPG.

There is an amount or randomness (+/- 0.75 pts?) in their human based grading. Why else would folks resubmit cards hoping for a 'bump'?

Nice cards, BTW.
I will give you an even better example. There are certain large PSA sellers who some think get special grades.

Randomly pick 10 numbers between 1 and 50 first. Then pull up the big sellers eBay account. Have their PSA 10 cards listed from cheapest to most expensive. Now take those 10 numbers you picked and buy those cards in order from cheapest to most expensive.

This is a fairly cheap way to prove the average person WILL NOT get the same 10 grade that the big sellers get for the same card. When I done this years ago I got more 7s back than 10s.

Hell I paid to get a card graded. Then paid again to try to get the flip corrected. After paying twice it is still mislabeled. Maybe I will pay a third time hoping they get it correct because that makes sense.

Last edited by bnorth; 11-15-2022 at 07:08 PM.