View Single Post
Old 03-13-2014, 10:30 PM
MikeB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
Hey Mike.
I understand what you're saying, but you have to consider something. The jerseys do look somewhat similar, but they are two distinctly different teams, so it's hard to make a valid comparison.

There are a couple of things to consider when regarding green tints. The main one is that the photographs are predominantly dark and murky, blurry and/or unfocused. Just not sharp. Now look at this comp I threw together with a couple of random GT's and the Moon card:

The bottom row shows how the capless Moon easily fits in with the non-GT cards. It's clear and sharply focused and the colors are balanced right, just like the Sullivan and Fox. Now look at the top row. All three are too dark, out of focus and the colors are plainly bad (especially the skin tones). Look at Wally's hands compared to Haywood's face. The color balance is way off base and they are very similar to each other. And again look at the focus of the top 3 cards compared to the bottom row. There's no comparison.

On a side note, there's another aspect of the GT's that's important to note. There are areas in some of the cards where the colors are just screwed up. Card #'s 116 (Herb Score) and 151 (Johnny Klippstein) instantly come to mind. They have delineated pieces of their skin blatantly colored green/yellow. Here on the top Moon card I highlighted two areas that have similar problems. Around his neck there is a gray area that is out of place. I assume it's supposed to be dark blue like his undershirt, but it's weirdly light gray. And his sleeve has the odd light blue area that seemingly should also be dark blue. Those are trademark GT giveaways.

Take it for what it's worth, but there is no doubt in my mind that the Moon with the bat is, in fact, the green tint version.
Thank you, Darren. I'm totally convinced you're correct. The side-by-side comparisons help immensely determining which is which. I sure enjoyed putting the entire set together. The hunt made it exciting -- especially when I realized how the cards differed via the cropping, coloring, etc.

Best of luck getting PSA to see it your way! Maybe then I'll send my cards in for re-labeling.