View Single Post
Old 05-13-2022, 03:47 PM
d.ean

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDocter View Post
I’ve had situations where I saw the selling price was too low or maybe rarer items mixed in with commons…. I tell the seller and make him a very fair and higher offer than was asked …. And he gets freaked out thinking he’s sitting on a gold mine and nixes the deal altogether!!!! Based on some bad experiences like this I usually just buy or don’t buy based on the price asked for. I’ve seen it come down like this on TV shows also like Pawn Stars and American Pickers….. where an expert weighs in with a much higher price and then the seller jacks his price through the roof. That always makes me kind of angry when I see that.
+1! When word gets around that you are a collector, neighbors, friends, colleagues and a slew of other folks will start letting you know about collections. They all have visions of hundreds of thousands of dollars coming their way. After you have viewed the cards the first question is always "What are they worth?" or the classic "I had this card and that card but my mother threw all of my cards in the trash."