View Single Post
Old 12-06-2021, 03:02 PM

Know what I love more than creating the cards? The feedback. I created these for the son James to give to his dad. Here is how they came out ...

but I gotta say, this is my favorite pic!

I also love when people come to me wanting to do big pieces of their kids that are in sports. Here is a quad patch jumbo of superstar Alana! This was the subject of a tutorial I did a while back.

In that same vein, I just created this one this past week of Kayla. She is an *amazing* player, and the piece below is actually the largest baseball related piece I've ever done! I LOVE the lion face logo.

Since Christmas is just around the corner, I thought I'd share once again my custom Elf card that was created out of a gift bag. When I posted it online, a bunch of people asked me to create others, so I did.

A few other requests were these:

Did I mention I love creating Canseco customs for my collection? I came across this one that I did recently from years ago. It was actually featured in Beckett magazine!

Here are a couple jumbos that include a game used bat barrel and a game used bat knob, along with gold ink cut signatures. I LOVE how they turned out!

Last but not least is probably my favorite "story" - it is stories like this that makes me love doing these so much.

Wade Boggs supercollect Nathan Flemming reached out to me with an idea. He wanted to create something special for the six main Wade Boggs supercollectors. Wade agreed to be in on it as well!

Nathan sent me a game used hat, and had me cut it up, create six special jumbo pieces for the Boggs boys. Wade then allowed Nathan to send the pieces directly to him so he could sign them specially for their collections. Here is one of them!

As a side note, I always admired Boggs as a player, but seeing how he interacts with his fans post-career (he literally just told Rich, the proud owner of the Boggs Tavern Happy Birthday!), he has made me a much bigger fan of his! Since he and Jose were teammates, maybe a custom dual needs to happen