Thread: BST Flippers
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2022, 09:29 PM
Eric Perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianclat11 View Post
I simply do not understand why others care what is done with cards after they are sold. Clearly, they are not giving the cards away for free and have reached what they consider to be a fair deal. What is the accepted timeframe for holding a card before the person you bought if from being "ok" with you letting it go? This mentality seems ridiculous to me. With all of the knowledge and positivity that I get out of this site, there is some judgement and negativity here that sours things.

Everyone has their reasons for what they collect, move, trade etc....If you are going to assume you know my motivations and pass judgement after selling a card, please list that as a qualifier on BST. I don't want to buy from you. I love this site want to believe that most enjoy the hobby and are not out to make a quick dollar off of someone else here.

Isn't it hypocritical to actively sell on this site and then judge someone else for what they do with the card that you just sold. It doesn't really matter if it is 5 days or 5 years since you sold them the card. Once it changes hands, then be happy with your sale and wish the other person well.

My 2 cents....
If the exchange was purely transactional in nature, sure. If the other party lied about getting the card for their PC and then quickly sold it for a profit, that would bother me.

The lie would bother me.

This community is better than that.

Currently collecting:
T206 (132/524)
1956 Topps Baseball (190/342)

"You can observe a lot by just watching."
- Yogi Berra