View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 08:01 PM
Mikeknapp

Default Help selling a collection

Today I was asked to evaluate a collection of autographs. I explained that I was unqualified to do so. The owner said he trusted me and would like me to sell his collection. He said the signatures were obtained in person or TTM. None have been slabbed or sent to JSA PSA or any other such 3rd party. Most of the collection is organized by player in an album consisting of 50 pages there are over 100 autographs in the collection. The pieces have all been glued to black paper with a single drop of glue. I have scanned 10 of the pages to give you an idea what the collection looks like. My question is should this collection be sold as is, by page, or by player? Should the autographs be removed and sold individually? All of the prewar cards are reprints, the Topps and Fleer cards are originals. To help me gauge the value of the collection what do you think these 10 pages would realistically sell for? I want the owner to get the most possible he is giving me Greeberg, Combs, Hooper, and Haffey autographs as a commission. Thanks for any help or advice you may have.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg koufax.jpg (72.2 KB, 244 views)
File Type: jpg mult.jpg (72.7 KB, 246 views)
File Type: jpg combs.jpg (72.0 KB, 246 views)
File Type: jpg faber.jpg (70.8 KB, 245 views)
File Type: jpg goslin.jpg (72.9 KB, 245 views)
File Type: jpg haines.jpg (71.0 KB, 245 views)
File Type: jpg hubbard.jpg (73.0 KB, 244 views)
File Type: jpg marquard.jpg (70.9 KB, 243 views)
File Type: jpg medwick.jpg (73.8 KB, 244 views)
File Type: jpg ruffing.jpg (71.1 KB, 244 views)