View Single Post
Old 09-27-2021, 12:37 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadeast View Post
+1. I assumed that the business would mostly dry up at that price level, and that PSA would be forced to return to reasonable grading prices. I seem to have been proven wrong. I continue to be stunned month after month. And even if we eventually see $20 per card, that is not low enough to keep graded set collecting alive. Even if they eventually get back to $8 per card specials, they may have already killed off a large chunk of graded set collecting by that time. It remains to be seen if that will happen, but if it does it could eventually come back to hurt PSA (and all TPGs) in the long run, after the current boom ends. They are going to need to keep grading a lot of cards to justify their expenses given the massive growth that they've recently undergone.
Yeah, hard to believe anyone is paying $150 to grade a 66 Topps Chico Ruiz. And I agree, no matter how many people may be crazy now, the supply of cards on which people are willing to spend $150 and up to grade just cannot be limitless.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.