View Single Post
Old 10-01-2006, 10:45 PM
Administrator

Default Can we say something positive about PSA or is it always terrible?

Posted By: Larry

About PSA....
Right Now...They are the only company with a quality print magazine for the collectors at this time, Beckett is nowhere as important lately and SCD is just asleep... even if the prices are wrong which they are, we can just multiply or deduct a percentage to acheive a realistic price, they have kept their name strong by putting out the SMR, for SGC or GAI to really talk on that level, they need to come out with a better marketed magazine which just is not there yet.

We all have experienced frustration with PSA, gosh, I know I have... but I have also experienced frustration with all three services at some time... and yet without them, better or worse, the grading services make the hobby look more professional to the new collectors coming in. Dealers make a living and collectors get a better product more often than not even though they all make mistakes. From the way it was in the 70's-80's when grading was so exploited and overstated, better standards were initially established by PSA , and these could be again improved and revamped by all three major grading companies.

I miss The Trader Speaks....