View Single Post
Old 04-01-2020, 02:24 PM
Alan Strout

Quote:
Originally Posted by roarfrom34 View Post
About 30 years ago while waiting outside in line on a Friday evening to get in the infamous George Washington Inn for the old Fort Washington show, I met a guy who offered me these Oriole postcards....I bought the lot for what I think was $50 but what attracted me to them (other than the cool factor), was that each player was still alive and I could add their autographs..I believe I also had a Eddie Lopat in the lot who I traded to long time Orioles post card collector Wayne Johnson at some point down the road:
Bill,

Nice postcards. I know Wayne Johnson very well. He has an impressive Orioles collection, but unfortunately won't be sharing on this site or any other. He doesn't do computers, much like fellow Maine-ah Bob Thing.

Your postcards should be 1956 with numbers stamped on the back. For example Gardner is 023. The Ed Lopat would have been 1954-55. If Brown, Causey or Moore don't have numbers, they too are 1954-55 issues, but they look 1956. The Ray Moore is the toughest of the group, other than Lopat.