View Single Post
Old 10-27-2023, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1961 View Post
Al, my heart sure goes out to you and your family. What a wretched family tragedy. It's something that must have affected you deeply. I am so sorry. You had a wonderful Mom, as I. Sacrificing to care for the family, and getting her son a badly wanted card for a birthday present----priceless. I am so glad you're part of the Net54baseball.com family. Thanks for sharing your personal story. --- Brian Powell
+1

My favorite card in my collection is my t206 Wagner. But it goes without saying that would be anyone’s favorite. So instead, I post my t206 Plank. This card is gorgeous - one of the nicer Planks out there and the first really major card I bought. I got it from Brian Drent and Mile High. I saw it in a preview and started working on my wife for weeks ahead of time. I would text her daily pictures of Eddie Plank and wish her good morning or happy Thursday, love Eddie Plank. I printed pictures and left them around the house. I had my kids make a home-made version (pictures below). I was thrilled to win it auction night (my wife not so much), and remains one my favorite cards.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0295.jpg (95.8 KB, 951 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0296.jpg (54.8 KB, 937 views)