View Single Post
Old 04-18-2021, 11:16 PM
Chris
Chr.is Ta.bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagehofrookies View Post
I had consigned my almost complete signed 1954 Topps baseball set (incl the Howie Fox) to Goldin auctions in their last auction along with a signed 1936 R312 Joe DiMaggio PSA/DNA. I consigned with them because in my mind, Goldin and REA are the top 2 AH to consign to. I will say that after my experience with Goldin it is BLATANTLY OBVIOUS that REA is the ONLY AH to consign to if you want not only top dollar for your items but, more importantly, if you want your items cared for and with some actual thought put in to your items auction listing. The clueless amateur's at Goldin not only didn't follow the instructions in which we agreed upon my consigning the items to them but it seems as though they rushed my 54' set listing with the most vague description ever and after numerous emails they finally updated the listing with a picture of the Howie Fox only after almost a week into the auction and actually made a note of his appearance in the set in the auction description after the auction was running for a WEEK! Now I dont know about anyone else but when an auction goes live I go through all the lots and either watch or place a bid on the ones I'm interested in and for the ones that didn't catch my eye, I'm done with them and dont go back to them. In my mind I feel I lost a very good amount of potential bidders because of Goldin's lack of care or knowledge that was put into my items and instead of contacting me if they had any questions on the lot they just ran with it. When I brought this issue up to Ken he didn't even acknowledge it. There was no "I'm sorry we're a bunch of clueless idiots" or not even just a basic "I'm sorry", nothing. If you have any items to consign I would strongly suggest/recommend stay FAR AWAY FROM GOLDIN AUCTIONS and consign to REA, Collect, Hugging and Scott, Lelands, anyone else but Goldin!

sorry for the long rant
When Ken started his auction house, I pointed out bootleg items to him in his auction. His response was that he didn't care.