Thread: PSA vs GAI
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2004, 11:50 AM
Administrator

Default PSA vs GAI

Posted By: Lee Behrens

In this whole discussion of grading vintage cards SCD has been left out. Recently there has been quite a few T206s graded by SCD on ebay. The one I won I felt were fairly graded, the price was a litttle less than PSA and SGC but if they continue to show like the ones I bought they will become players in the vintage market.

That said, I will continue to submit to SGC until I am given a good reason not too. SGC grades fairly, GREAT customer service, reasonable grading prices (NO member fee (big bonus for me) and the most attractive holder in the market.

One question for the PSA submitted, Does the added expense of the cost of PSA grading over SGC grading costs, justify paying the extra money for an infearior product (especially on the cards VG/EX or worse)? We all do not collect the high end stuff. I know if you are able to get a grade or 2 bump up it definately makes worth while. If this is the case and you are intenting to resell all you are doing is ripping off the people willing to buy inflated PSA grades with your knowledge.

I can honestly say that of the near 500 cards I submitted to SGC that I have received only 1 card (T202 common)I felt came back with a higher grade than expected, I thought because the card waas dirty it it not warrant the 84 it got. I have received more dissapointments in reverse, but I will continue to send them to SGC because I feel they are fair and if I ever decide to resell them I do not have to feel like I am taking advantage of someone.

Too me that is what the whole debate comes down to, are you in it for the money than PSA is the route to go. Otherwise SGC,SCD, and GAI are better options for consistancy on grading and a better holder.

Just to end with the point I started, SCD needs to be considered after the recent batch up on ebay, the ones I received were graded fairly and the holder is not bad.