View Single Post
Old 08-05-2020, 10:47 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Why not an East Coast / Midwest National every spring and a West Coast National every Fall? Hobby has never been more popular. Seems like a no brainer to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buymycards View Post
I have been hearing about a West Coast National for many years, and I always thought that it was a great idea. I continually hear about the east coast dealers not wanting to go west, but that may be OK. It would be nice to see some fresh faces at the tables from west coast dealers who don't travel to the Midwest or East Coast shows.

This year, the National had 288 dealers signed up. 39 of these dealers were from what could be considered west coast states, and I am including the 11 dealers from Texas in that total. If the National would be held out west, I'm guessing that these numbers would triple.

48 dealers from Illinois, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, and Missouri. Perhaps many of these dealers would travel west.

The biggest group of dealers is from the east coast:

New York 32, New Jersey 24, Penn 24, Florida 23, and North Carolina 21, for a total of 124. I wonder how many of these dealers would travel to Las Vegas, or LA, or San Fran? I would guess that most of them would make the trip.

I am betting that if a large enough venue could be obtained, the number of dealers could swell from the current 288 to 350, or 400, or more. Actually, the current location in Chicago could handle 400 dealers, and I'll be every spot would be sold out.