View Single Post
Old 07-30-2020, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillP View Post
I agree with your slit line up. I think that the 3 rows 4 times and 4 rows 3 times makes sense. I also would submit relative to cards 591 and 540, which according to this are the bottom 2 cards on the B slit model that these cards were highly open to damage at the production level.
When you think about the 7th series cards that command premiums somewhat without star power, 591 561 562 544 and maybe 540 and 590 come to mind.
So is it possible that either slit was produced in a different quantity that the other? With miscuts being in packs, the quality control aspect at that time may have been not as much a focus.
Surprised that when the Topps vault opened that some strips were not made available to help in this interesting effort.

Last one, why is the Piersall 565 always offcut. L to R or diamond. It's not on the border.....

Bill
If all the hard cards were printed on the same row, then you could suspect that row was printed twice. However that doesn't appear to be the case. It seems demand issues or production problems due to sheet placement. Hoerner and Jackson are on the end of rows. Could Perry or Tigers Team be on the end of a row too?