View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 06:19 PM
Lee B.
lee be.hrens

Brian, Trevor and Geno summed it up pretty well. The set can be obtained at a fairly reasonable price with patients. I think the Cobbs are the most underpriced Cobbs out there, the only one I hated paying good money for was the Cobb center panel with the Indian end panels, doesn't seem much like a Cobb to me. The Speaker/Woods cards are really nice.

As pointed out the Matty/Devlin's are the toughest to obtain but they do come around. As brian pointed out there are some commons that are tougher to obtain, you tend to find them out by constantly losing at normal buying prices, you just need to amp up your bid to get them. In the 10 years I have been buying them there always seems to be people in the know about them.

It is my favorite set I put the set together about 5 years ago, and trying to obtain all of them with the different backs, in no big hurry.

Trevor, I thought I had a nice lower grade set but you really went for the lower grade with nice results. As long as you don't mind the center crease, they can be obtained at good prices.

Have fun with it,

Lee