View Single Post
Old 01-10-2020, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooo-ribay View Post
I think my research on the Giants showed the Giants pins had to be 1972-73.
Tom Bradley didn't become a Giant until 1973, so he has to be a 1973 issue. The photo for the Tom Bradley Giants pin was no doubt taken during 1973 spring training. I can't find it now (I wish I had taken a scan) but on my original search through WorthPoint looking for these black box pins I saw a pic of the Tom Bradley pin with the White Sox which in turn means that White Sox pin must be a 1972 issue. ETA, if the Giants pins were made in 1972 I would think there would be a Willie Mays. Even though he was traded in May of 1972, I can’t imagine that if they had a bunch of Mays Giants pins in production that they would then destroy all of them only because he was traded. Edited again: Uh oh, my own theory blew up in my face. Tom Bradley was traded FOR Ken Henderson in November 1972, so the Henderson Giants pin can only be a 1972 issue. Maybe the SAN FRANCISCO pins are 1972, and the SAN FRAN. pins are 1973 ?

Last edited by Cliff Bowman; 01-10-2020 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Addition