View Single Post
Old 08-17-2021, 06:02 PM
Emlily Ell.is

8/17 Update:
Money spent: $125;
Cards acquired: 65
(59 usable and 6 with creasing)

Notes: Did a couple of deals on Facebook that got me one of my biggest lots yet. They actually came in last week, but I just got around to getting them off the counter in the kitchen where our mail sits until we open it.

I got a large lot, but I ultimately had to put 6 into the not usable pile. I specifically asked both sellers if any had creases. Both sellers said their lots were crease free, but I found that not to be the case.

Anyway, I added 59 usable cards to my set and put 6 into my trash/donate/do whatever pile later on. I now have more than 40 cards in that lot as well as 27 in my "extras" pile that are trade candidates.

I'm not up to over 70 percent of the set, but I still have 1 big one (a Mantle) to go as well as several smaller $50-$75 type cards. I might go ahead and start putting them into a notebook this weekend. I am a notebook set collector. In other words, no graded and no toploaders. Strictly I pages. Someone told me that you could put them into Ultra Pro Premium Penny Sleeves. Neither of the LCS around here carry the premium ones, so I might go buy a few packages just to try them out.

By the way, the camera is making them look dull. They're not that dull. They're very sharp in color. Thanks for the look, and here's a look at the lots that came in this week.

I have done deals with: snowman, exhibitman, roquan, vintagetoppscards, bobsbbcards, sayitaintso, tsp06, gorditadogg, 4reals, bnorth, clydepepper, jcfowler6, jimmer77, tsp06, Bartholomew_Bump_Bailey, swk473 plus others.