View Single Post
Old 12-14-2022, 07:40 AM
The Uber Anal Retentive Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooo-ribay View Post
I'm snowed in, so maybe it's a good time for some Trench Giants minutiae. This may be of interest to no one other than bocca, but who knows? And bocca may have already figured this out...

I'm not smart enough to type text, add pics, type more text, add more pics (maybe you have to "embed" the pics to do that?) so I'll do a few posts.

I have eight examples of "The Giant on the Bridge." I'll occasionally buy another with a new felt color or a new lettering color. I'm not too concerned about spine color although, coincidentally, 7 of the 8 have a yellow spine and only one has an orange spine. Anyway, here's the minutiae....I just noticed that if Francisco has what I call the "backwards F" (green example), the "Giants" will always be bigger than with the other F. My "Giants on the Bridge" are split 4/4 between the two types and this is a consistent pattern. Can anyone show an anomaly?
Good stuff. I only have one Giant on Bridge pennant, its a weird turquoise color. The Mullin Giant has some subtle differences, looks like he wore a belt in NY but got rid of it in SF, also changed his undershirt and socks … LOL
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F2A5D62E-42DB-4EC1-BCF3-4B0E073E8918.jpg (225.2 KB, 159 views)

Last edited by thetahat; 12-14-2022 at 07:47 AM.