View Single Post
Old 10-21-2022, 06:53 PM
Marc

Domer and I had a back and forth discussion a few weeks ago about whether or no Keezer ever made football pennants. Specifically, the 49ers pennant below and others in the series. These mini (5 x 12) pennants are very rare, with full-sized examples being crazy rare. Kyle noted that none of these pennants had a Keezer stamp, which, based on what I have seen, is true. I noted that the materials in these pennants (they have a unique spine/tassel material... as seen on the 49ers pennant tassels) are identical to known Keezer pennants.

Then this "American Knitwear" brochure showed up on ebay, which I bought for a few dollars. Domer can tell us more, but apparently this is the same company as Keezer (from Plaistow NH). It's clear that they were selling both football and baseball pennants. Specifically, 5 x 12 pennants, which is the size of my 49ers pennant.

Interestingly, the cartoonish images on these pennants are the same images that IMPKO used on a series of decals (see the decal behind the yellow pennant). Not exactly sure about the connection.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Keeer 49ers bloe.jpg (75.9 KB, 193 views)
File Type: jpg Keezer 49ers miner.jpg (142.9 KB, 194 views)
File Type: jpeg Keezer AM knitwear.jpeg (28.3 KB, 189 views)
File Type: jpg Keezer AMK 3.jpg (194.4 KB, 189 views)

Last edited by bocca001; 10-21-2022 at 07:51 PM.