View Single Post
Old 05-15-2022, 12:24 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Originally Posted by bocca001 View Post
Ok, I'm just going to ask because I can't stop myself for thinking it, but have any of these pennants you guys are showing (with the leather) ever shown up in beat to hell condition? They all seem really nice. Almost new. Which seems.... uncomfortable.

I do know that leather stuff can survive well. As an example, the Santa Clara pennant below in looks like new condition. But I also have one that shows some age. I guess I'd expect to see more of these of the baseball pennants.

I don't watch these pennant closely when they come up for sale, so admit that I am no expert.
Though they don't surface often, I've seen plenty of beat-up examples over the years. I usually pass on them because I'm a condition freak. But I have seen (and owned) examples that are moth-eaten, stained, soiled, torn, missing felt, and have holes, slits, etc. I've also seen a few where the embroidered leather has peeled off and either remains loose or has been glued back on to the felt.

You can easily tell the difference between a vintage example and a reproduction when you have them in-hand. And great Santa Clara Pennants, BTW!

Last edited by perezfan; 05-15-2022 at 12:26 PM.