View Single Post
Old 01-02-2021, 04:31 PM
Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooo-ribay View Post
If it was mine, I would probably ruin its value by trimming the photo’s L and R borders and moving the photo as far right as possible. I’m dumb, that way.
Rob, I think we are in trouble when Giant and Dodger fans have the same thought. Must be a new year. The painted-on window for a photo measures 5 x 7, and there are several team color postcards that could fit there perfectly. The photo that is pasted on has actually lifted off on the left edge already, and I think the rest would come off fairly easily without much if any paint loss. Any damage to the rest of the pennant from removing the b/w photo would be covered by attaching the new photo. I was thinking I could try a hair dryer to get the photo's glue to release from the pennant.

Probably would devalue the pennant but would look soooo much better. I resist because 1) I like to leave these pennants as they were manufactured, 2) I would hate to mess the pennant up , and my track record messing with these isn't very good, and 3) I can hear Kyle's eyes rolling at the very thought.