View Single Post
Old 03-19-2020, 10:36 AM
Scott Russell

Ryan, I don't know what to say. I'm probably like most people, not looking for a hand out, but a hand up. The main reason I have shared the posts I have is to hopefully drum up support from those in the Net54 community who are still buying. In my short few years on this board I have tried to be a contributing member, not just an advertiser. I love this hobby and have so many great experiences with collectors and dealers and even other auctions that I have tried to give back with what little knowledge I possess, my honest (to a fault) opinions, and even the occasional tobacco card give-away trivia questions (which sometimes take a little too long to ship, but hey it's a free prize) So I felt fairly comfortable asking for some support from the community.

Having only lost one consignor has been an amazing experience as it had to be tempting to pull out with all the uncertainty. Your gesture, in going a step further, is honestly a little humbling. Hopefully by late Spring when the auction starts I'll have a grip on where we are as a company and it won't be necessary. If that's the case, maybe we can put our heads together on a way to best use the money in the fight against the coronavirus (hopefully the AFTERMATH of coronavirus at that point!) I would lean towards donating it somewhere that benefits someone who is suffering financial consequences of shut downs etc.

Thanks again for the honestly unlooked for offer. I know we're all tough manly men here, but I was sincerely touched.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions

Last edited by Aquarian Sports Cards; 03-19-2020 at 10:38 AM.