View Single Post
Old 06-21-2020, 03:01 PM
Lou Brown

Default Ebay seller scam story-Paul Slapnicker Pauld49 BEWARE

Nice to see that Ebay is looking out for sellers. I know, that's already a known thing that they do not. Sent off a 1956 Topps Killebrew to buyer/seller pauld49 (Paul Slapnicker out of Houston). Buyer claims he received a common 1958 Topps card. I know there is nothing that I can do about it. (we are now sending all singles with a sticker over the top load opening to maybe protect against this). I drag my feet and then go to look at his listings. I then see my killebrew that he did not receive in a lot that he sold. I contact ebay and they tell me that they will look into it but in order to proceed, I need to refund 50% and give the detailed explanation with photos. I should have asked why the 50%. It turns out that is there way to handle fraud. Just let the thief get 50% of their attempted scam. Ebay claimed that they are not card experts and it is not their place to really do anything. I've attached the images of the card that we shipped and the card he sold in his lot. Same scuff marks, same centering, same corners. Perfect match.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg killebrew my listing.jpg (77.8 KB, 2523 views)
File Type: jpg killebrew from lot his listing2.jpg (78.7 KB, 2519 views)

Last edited by Leon; 10-03-2022 at 10:15 AM.