View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013, 09:21 PM
G@ry Cier@dkowski

Thanks to everyone who took the time to throw in names so far! Joe McCarthy is definately a guy I'd like to cover as is Paul Derringer, his wins and loss record is staggering. Another guy from the 1939-40 Reds is Junior Thompson who played with Paducah in 1936. I have to do a story and illustration on him simply because the uniforms the Paducah Indians wore that year - they have a giant swastika on the chest (Indian good luck symbol), but boy, in 1936?). The team finished first but Thompson and most of the players refused to play in the 4-team playoffs because they never received their paychecks. Never thought of Clint Thomas, that a good one as is Pete Browning, I think they're all in.

I've been looking at the T210's for inspiration, I really like that set more and more. The poses are really attractive and I like cards of small minor leagues. I'll look at an interesting photo on one and then research that player to see what I come up with, it's time consuming but hey, it keeps me off the streets at night!