View Single Post
Old 05-17-2020, 04:52 PM
Fred

Brent,

Not sure what else Goldin can do. They have server issues. Goldin sent out an email (and I'm sure it was a tough pill to swallow) that the auction site operators couldn't handle the traffic and that bidding would continue through the next day (Sunday, 17MAY20). In my mind that gave EVERYBODY a chance to put in bids and that the possibility of the site crashing again (like it did on 16MAY20) was there. The servers were pretty good until extended bidding started, an then the issue from 16MAY20 (should have anticipated that) occurred.

If Goldin says "hey, we're going to do it again for 18MAY20", then people's thoughts that they're doing it to get more money (I personally don't believe that) may hurt their business and then what, less bidders for the next auction.

I wonder if the contract Goldin with SimpleAuctions" has any damage clauses. If so, I wouldn't be surprised to see Goldin go after it.

Really not sure what else the Goldin guys can do at this point. Someone mention lower BPs. That would be nice but they'll have to figure out what's best in maintaining a good business relationship with their bidders.

Bent, I see you edited your post... I guess I'll have to edit mine so that people don't get confused with the reply.

Last edited by Fred; 05-17-2020 at 04:53 PM.