View Single Post
Old 01-11-2020, 05:09 PM
Hal T.

Awesome thread Mark and so many interesting items. Brooks remains one of the great ambassadors for the game and still works for the Orioles as a special advisor. As an athlete, a role model, a fan favorite and an extraordinary human being, Brooks gets it. Growing up in New York during the '60's, one stop away from Willets Point/Shea Stadium on the #7 train, I took great pleasure in the Mets victory over the O's in the '69 World Series even though Brooks was one of my childhood heroes. I too played third and wore the No. 5 except my jersey read E5.

In the cabinet;

Orioles bobbleheads: '60's color base, green base and black player

Ticket Stubs: April 15, 1954 Orioles 1st game at Memorial Stadium, 1958 All Star Game, 1966 Game 4 WS, 1970 Game 5 WS (full ticket) and July 15, 1960 Brooks becomes the first Orioles player to hit for the cycle.

1957 Rookie Card Signed

#5 brass row marker from the demolition of Memorial Stadium

1954 Scorecard from first game at Memorial Stadium

1954 Yearbook

1970's Brooks Decanter

On the A-frame bat rack are game used bats from players in Cooperstown and in the Orioles HOF during their playing days with the O's;

Brooks Robinson
Frank Robinson
Luis Aparicio
Cal Ripken Jr.
Eddie Murray
Roberto Alomar
Harold Baines

The bats on the wall are all gamers from Orioles who are in the Orioles HOF. I'm missing two position players (Hendricks, Buford) and several pitchers. As you all are well aware, game used pitcher's bats are not easy to find.

The photo is from a signing in Ellicott City, Maryland where Brooks usually appears twice a year. When I showed Brooks the bat, without looking at the knob, he was able to recite the model #.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3494.jpg (74.5 KB, 218 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3498.jpg (72.0 KB, 214 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3499.jpg (62.4 KB, 209 views)