View Single Post
Old 01-09-2020, 03:14 PM
M@rk Comer

Quote:
Originally Posted by roarfrom34 View Post
Mark:

Where did you get those proofs?.....Topps Vault on eBay?

One last Chuck Thompson item from me...A few years ago I saw on Craigslist that someone was selling one of those Esskay Hot Dog Vendor boxes from Memorial Stadium (which, strangely I always wanted).

Anyways, I called the seller to reserve it and when I went down to pick it up and pay for it, I asked the guy where in the world did he get it from. He told me his grandfather (of all people) was Chuck Thompson and it was given to Chuck when they closed down Memorial Stadium & that he was now in the process of moving to NC and just getting rid of some things....I did ask him if he had other things related to his grandfather that he would consider selling, but he said this was it...
Bill,

I have a few proofs and most I've had for a while now. A Brooks collector back in the day Mike (Gmrson) had quite an extensive collection of items. He ultimately was downsizing his Brooksie stuff and I was able to pick up a few proof items as well as some general type items for my collection. He was very helpful and extended more than fair prices; just a great guy. I just wish I had the opportunity to get into contact with him sooner since he already sold extremely rare items prior to me even knowing about his collection.

I have also picked up a few proofs from Scott (quitcrab) which also collects Brooks and a bunch of other cool stuff. He's always been very helpful and just an encouraging type guy.

The Topps Vault I have picked up a few things, but not very many. I'll likely show them sometime in this thread and they have their seal they put on the items along with a hologram sticker.

By the way, that vendor box is the type of item that's exciting to me...