View Single Post
Old 10-09-2022, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raulus View Post
Mostly I was curious if you were celebrating him as a player, or celebrating him because he happened to belong to your team. It seems relevant because this is very much an individual achievement, albeit with an assist from the ballpark. I guess now we know a bit more about why youÂ’re celebrating this achievement.

Not that thereÂ’s anything wrong with being a fanboy of any given team. It just gives me a better idea of your motives for celebrating this player this year.
Honest, I don't follow baseball that much. I did get worked up when Aaron Judge hit the headlines in 2017. I noted here and there what was happening since then. I felt bad about his injuries, though I imagine the Yanks helped him deal with those with strength training, rest, but no illegal drugs.

Then 2022 comes along, and it's 2017 all over again, though this time he really seems to be carrying his team with crucial hits, fielding gems, and just anything he can do to help the team win. Without PEDS!

I thought with the acquisition of Stanton, the Yanks would have another Ruth-Gehrig or Mantle-Maris. When both are healthy...KER-BLAMOs happen. Without PEDS!

Sure, I like it that Aaron Judge is a Yankee. My all-time favorite player is Mickey Mantle, so there's some connection. Would I be so enraptured if he was killing 'em in Colorado?

Probaby not.

Shoeless Moe says there's "ZERO chance" he's not a Yankee next season. I agree because Aaron Judge is a different kind of person than some of the other "MONEYBALL" players. Yeah, for sure, his agent will demand "a Jupiter" multi-year package. He deserves that. I just don't think Aaron Judge will walk away from the Yankee organization, if the Yanks offer him the "BONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! numbers. I know it will challenge the Yankees to come up with that kind of a sky-high many-million dollar package, but if any team can do it, they can. Let's face it, without Judge, the interest in the Yankees in 2023 is virtually minuscule. At 30, his peak probably won't last too many more years. Still, nobody can take away what he achieved this year. One for the ages, or at least 61 long years. And without PEDS!

I could be very wrong. I doubt it. But I'll be the first to admit I was wrong and spare you the "I TOLD YA SO!"

In the end, I do feel Aaron is the kind of man that appreciates and remembers all those little fans of his, just like Mickey Mantle. What I mean to say is, Mantle FORCED HIMSELF to play in a lot of pain because he did not want to disappoint any kids in the stands that might be seeing him play in person for the only time in their life. Aaron Judge is like that, too. He does it without PEDS, too!

I probably sound as if I'm "way out there" to some of youse guys, but that's how my mind thinks. A romantic / sentimental view I suppose. Yup, cause I'm a mushy, sentimental slob. Aaron's not gonna see these words, and I'm sure what I say would not mean anything to him, but Aaron-----

PLEASE STAY WITH THE YANKEES!!!

And while you're at it, continue to stay away from PEDS! Your legacy will be golden!

--- Brian Powell

PS--And JimmyC, Cheers back at you, mate!!

Last edited by brian1961; 12-18-2022 at 04:27 PM.