View Single Post
Old 10-08-2022, 06:05 PM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1961 View Post
I for one am sure not ignoring it! SIXTY-TWO HOME RUNS is freaking awesome! Aaron Judge is clean as a whistle, a very nice guy, very close to his parents, and a lot of etcetras. Come on, he broke THE major league record that had stood for 61 years.

I know all the guys that have yelped til they're hoarse that Bonds, McGwire, and Sosa hit more, and Bonds has the official MLB record, and so on, ad nauseum.

But they cheated. They took PEDS til they exploded in size and strength. Their numbers exploded, and many collectors are still all "ga-ga" over those numbers. Maybe MLB says those contemptible characters have the legitimate records, but the people who vote to enshrine the right people in the Baseball Hall of Fame have for years steadfastly refused to put those cheaters in.

One of them, Mark McGwire, finally confessed that he had juiced up with PEDS.

It's a shame this board is mired with so many skeptics and cynics towards the achievements of Aaron Judge. There's even debate over whether Ohtani or Judge should win the AL MVP. Aaron Judge should be the unanimous choice as AL MVP. I take the term valuable as valuable, not best player. Aaron wasn't the only Yankee that contributed to their 99 wins, but I say without Judge they would have crumbled in mediocrity. That's just my opinion, sure; regardless, I know I'm right probably just as much as Judge's naysayers or poison pens think they're actually right. So I say, and I'll say a thousand times----WHAT AARON JUDGE DID MOST ASSUREDLY IS A BIG DEAL!

HOO-RAY FOR AARON JUDGE. HE BEAT THE ODDS. HE BUSTED ROGER MARIS'S 61-EAR-OLD RECORD!!!!!

--- Brian Powell
CORRECTION: Broke the A.L. record.