View Single Post
Old 10-08-2022, 02:35 PM
Ray VDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by cammb View Post
First of all, I am a Yankee hater. I don’t care how many hrs Judge hits. For me it is Maris as the true hr king. When Maris had his fabulous year, people forget that he was in a battle with Mantle. Everyone was against him, the fans and the press. Talk about pressure. No one wanted him to beat Ruth and if some one had to do it was Mantle. I think that in that last game, only several thousand people were in attendance. I could be wrong but it wasn’t a sell out. After his feat, he began to lose his hair because of the aniexty and pressure. Fast forward to today. There was no pressure on Judge. He’d had the fans and media bootlicking his every move.. this is my opinion. Having lived through that epic battle in 1961, hats off to Maris. PS. I didn’t want either of them to break the record. I had always hoped that Killebrew would do it.
First of all, I hate Yankee haters. I do care how many Judge hits and I was happy to see him break the record (I was at the Blue Jays game where he tied the record). Not sure how you can say Maris is still the true HR king - last I checked Maris hit 61 in 163 games - a great season and something that stood for 61 years. But it's time we stop yelling at traffic lights and move on.