View Single Post
Old 01-23-2015, 01:57 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by btcarfagno View Post
They could likely only find an image of him in his Columbus jersey and it made its way onto the final product. Perhaps they tried to diminish it from showing ad maybe it only shows up on cards with an extra red color pass? Just a guess.

Tom C
Good guess, but it was one of our many theories, and a dead-end. And I realize that this is all brand-new for most everyone, but Ted and I discussed this over the phone, with loads of images and conjectures via email, for a couple of years (I think). The Columbus angle is a good one Tom, but it didn't work out. I would have to go back and try to remember why we gave up on that one, but I think it had to do either with the position of the 'C' on the uniform, and/or the time the 'C' cards were printed. There ARE come consistencies in terms of the backs that the red 'C' is found with, and if they were switched we would have had some 'still warm' theories. It is too weird of a mark to be random, but so far that is where we are.

I guess, in light of not having an answer for this anomaly, a brief article describing all of our failed theories might still be of interest. Through process of elimination perhaps someone else will figure this out. I will talk with Ted to discuss. I'm sure we could reconstruct our various theories and why we gave up on each.

At minimum, I will post my file of 'red C' Geyer cards in this thread later today.

Last edited by Runscott; 01-23-2015 at 02:02 PM.