View Single Post
Old 02-08-2014, 10:56 PM
Mike C@.v3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Van Horn View Post
Whenever I'm bored (like now) or down I just look at eBay BIN prices and get a chuckle. They are a seemingly never ending source of amusement sometimes bordering on hallucination.
Is it me or are they just getting worse and worse. When I started collecting pre-war three years ago, they weren't that bad, but ever since, they seem to be so out of range for the most part...it's just a museum!

I've heard before that for some seller's it is indeed like a museum to show off their cards, but that can't be the case for most of the overpriced cards on there, can it? And where do they get their prices at? I really enjoy shopping/selling on eBay, but it sucks when it's a waste of time to look at the same overpriced cards over and over and over....just weird if you ask me.

But maybe some uninformed buyers are purchasing them for crazy prices and I just don't realize it. If you don't buy at AH's or aren't familiar with Net54, you may not have a choice but to believe eBay prices are competitive and somewhat decent
1938 Goudey Graded VG range 37/48